- Just download and install it in your laptop.
- Remember the password you given during installation. It will be required during retrieval of information regarding your laptop location.
- Keep 'adeona-retrievecredentials.ost' in a safe place because it will be required during retrieval process. You will find this file in desktop and also in under program files 'C:\Program Files\Adeona'.
- TESTING (not stolen) : For retrieval of information from the server start the 'Run Adeona Recovery' program from your computer if you just want to test the application.
- LAPTOP STOLEN: Install the Adeona software in any other laptop and start 'Run Adeona Recovery' program from their if your laptop is stolen.
- Enter the password given during the installation of the software in your laptop. Locate the 'adeona-retrievecredentials.ost' file of your laptop , I have told you to keep that is a safer place in previous instruction and start the process.
- After that a file 'adeona_retrieve_results.txt' will be created upon completion of the retrieval process in your desktop under 'adeonaretrieval-08-26-2009-1653' folder. '08-26-2009-1653' in folder name refers to the date and time of retrieval process completion. So it may change in your case.
- info: ========== START STATE RETRIEVE ==========
info: state updatetime: 08/26/2009,16:42 (IST)
info: succesfully retrieved update replica 0
info: ======== start location data =========
update time: 08/26/2009,16:42 (IST)
internal ip: 120.13.420.217 //your IP Address
external ip: 120.13.420.217
access point: technozonebiti //acess point to which your laptop is connected
1 0.000ms 120.13.420.1 (techcablesystem.in)
2 0.000ms 120.13.420.1 (could not resolve)
3 1.000ms 22.214.171.124 (could not resolve)
4 16.000ms 126.96.36.199 (could not resolve)
5 181.000ms 188.8.131.52 (ldn-b2-link.telia.net)
6 180.000ms 184.108.40.206 (ldn-bb1-link.telia.net)
7 181.000ms 220.127.116.11 (prs-bb1-link.telia.net)
8 203.000ms 18.104.22.168 (zch-b1-link.telia.net)
9 203.000ms 22.214.171.124 (dante-01287-zch-b1.c.telia.net)
10 195.000ms 126.96.36.199 (swiIX2-10GE-4-4.switch.ch)
11 199.000ms 188.8.131.52 (swiEZ2-10GE-1-3.switch.ch)
12 207.000ms 184.108.40.206 (rou-open-net-switch.ethz.ch)
info: ========= end location data ==========
- Update Time: The time when your laptop information is being send to the server.
- Internal IP: IP address is being assigned to your laptop by the ISP (Internet Service Provider) when the laptop was connected to the internet.
- External IP: IP address is being assigned to your laptop by the ISP (Internet Service Provider) when the laptop was connected to the internet. Basically internal and external both are same.
- Access Point: The access point used to connect your laptop to internet.
- Nearby Routers: The routers that are nearer to the internet network your laptop is connected to.
To trace the IP Address location:
- Just put the Internal Ip you got from the adeona_retrieve_results.txt file into the text field below and click search, you will get the details of the ip address along with a map or search the ip address with any ip geolocation service to retrieve the location of ip address from where your stolen laptop is being connected to internet.
(Read more inside ..)