- Download the file . Rupee Font Version 3.0
- Extract the files. (You will need winrar or 7zip installed in your PC to extract the files)
- Double click on the Rupee_Font_Installer.exe
- Click on "Install" button
- Done. :)
- Another tutorial for easier installation and use of Indian Rupee Symbol Font in Facebook, Gmail and Twitter etc. Link to tutorial
This is a quick slideshow help. How to use the Indian Rupee Font in MS Application
How to use in Microsoft Word
How to use in Microsoft Excel
- Go to setting ----- > Control panel ------> Regional & Lang Option ------> Customize ------> then click Currency tab
- Put currency symbol as " ` " click ok
- Open Excel
- Go to format cell (Ctrl + 1 command)
- Click to Number tab ------- > select currency as " ` " & ok it
- Select fonts as Rupee_Foradian.ttf
How to use Indian Rupee Symbol in Mac
- Download font to a folder.
- Open Font Book in mac.
- Click Fonts.
- Select rupee foradian font.
- Press the key just above the tab ( tilde ) to get the symbol.
How to use Indian Rupee Symbol in Fedora
- Copy the ttf file to the .font directory under the user home directory
- Run the command "fc-cachc" and use the font through all the applications
How to use Indian Rupee Symbol in Debian
- In Debian machine login as root or use su and give following command :
- mkdir /usr/share/fonts/ttf
cp Rupee_Foradian.ttf /usr/share/fonts/ttf
apt-get install ttmkfdir
ttmkfdir > fonts.scale
chmod 644 /usr/share/fonts/ttf/Rupee_Foradian.ttf
How to use Indian Rupee Symbol in Ubuntu
- Open the font and click 'Install font' button on bottom left of the font viewer.
- Those who cant see the grave accent key - Try "alt+0096" - Type 0096 while holding down "alt" key on your keyboard.